Everything You Should Know about Abdominal PainSep 01, 2020
When any part of your body is in pain, it is almost impossible to go about your daily life routines. The stakes are higher when the pain stands in the way of the movement of your body. Abdominal pain is one such issue that can make it difficult for you to get anything done.
Usually, abdominal pains are experiences differently by patients. The underlying cause of the pain makes the difference between the symptoms of one patient and those of another.
What Is Abdominal Pain?
It is a condition used to describe pain in the belly area, called the abdomen. The condition affects different organs in that region of your body. Depending on which part is infected, hurt, or damaged, the way you experience abdominal pain will be different from someone else’s experience.
To know when you need abdominal pain treatment, it is necessary to be sure whether or not what you are experiencing is pain in your abdomen. The discomfort should be located right below your ribs and above the pelvic bone. The signs you notice accompanying the discomfort should point you to whether or not you need urgent care near you.
What Causes Pain In The Abdomen?
Various causes have been linked to abdominal pains. They vary based on whether the pain is acute or chronic. The many known causes of abdominal pain include:
- Bowel obstruction
- Indigestion – usually noticed after eating
- Gallbladder inflammation and gallstones
- Gas trapped in your belly
- Pregnancy or complications thereof
- Menstrual cramps and other such-related problems
- Stomach ulcers
- Food poisoning
Signs and Symptoms of Abdominal Pain
With the list of causes of abdominal pain being almost inexhaustible, you must seek urgent care at a clinic in Houston. It is that much easier to identify the issues you are facing by considering the parts of your abdomen that have incurred damage. Having that many parts are comprising the abdomen, the list is long enough to leave you overwhelmed with your condition.
The goal, nonetheless, should be to identify the signs and symptoms you are experiencing and report them to a doctor for diagnosis and treatment. Some common symptoms regarding abdominal aches are:
- Loss of appetite and feeling of fullness
- Unexplained weight loss – it can be linked to the loss of appetite that happens over a certain period.
- Vomiting and diarrhea – be especially keen if either of these two signs has blood in them.
- A burning sensation – will be felt when you urinate.
- Prolonged constipation and feelings of bloating.
When Should You Concerned About Abdominal Pain?
Knowing when you need to rush into a walk-in-clinic in Houston is important when you experience abdominal pain. As mentioned above, the different parts of the abdomen make it difficult to quickly diagnose and determine the problem you have. Therefore, getting to a doctor in good time can help eliminate any fatal threats that could be ailing you. Besides, some symptoms of abdominal pain require urgent care in Katy TX. Some of the instances that should push you to see a doctor immediately include:
- Vomiting blood
- Unbearable pain
- Excessive weight loss
- Excessive bleeding
- Continuous diarrhea
- In case of pregnancy
Still, the question remains, when should you go to the ER for severe stomach pain? At best, your guts and instincts should point you toward making the right call. However, you must also consider the following aspects:
- Severity – how severe are your symptoms? When it gets too overwhelming for you, you can’t wait to see a doctor.
- Urgency – how fatal are your symptoms? Do they appear life-threatening based on your assessment? For example, when you are pregnant, the life of both you and your unborn child are at stake.
- Duration – how long have you experienced the symptoms? The more prolonged the symptoms are, the more you are at risk of incurring permanent damage in your body.
- Disruption – does the pain disrupt your normal life routine? If so, then you need to get treated so you can resume your lifestyle.